COVID-19 Vaccine Policy – Summer 2022
Updated March 30, 2022
Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da is committed to providing and maintaining a safe camp environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da has established this COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to enhance the health and safety of our camp community. This policy applies to all campers, staff and visitors to Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da.
- All eligible staff and campers must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination to the camp office at least two weeks (14 days) prior to arriving at camp, via email or through our CampBrain registration portal.
- All visitors to the camp who are eligible, must be fully vaccinated and will be asked to show proof of vaccination prior to or upon arrival at the camp island.
- Persons requesting a medical exemption will be required to provide appropriate documentation to support their request.
- Unvaccinated individuals without a medical exemption will not be permitted to attend or visit the camp.
For the purpose of this policy, “fully vaccinated” means having received the Health Canada recommended series of shots at least 14 days prior to arrival at camp. “Eligible” means anyone 5 years of age or older, as per the Health Canada age approval. Although not required at this time, we strongly encourage those eligible to have a booster dose as the definition of fully vaccinated may change to reflect the importance of booster doses.
Please be aware that most summer camps are requiring COVID-19 vaccinations so there may be a rush for vaccine appointments leading up to the summer. Please see resource links below that can assist with booking a vaccine appointment in Ontario; we encourage you to do so well before the start of your summer camp session to avoid any delays.
Guardians of a camper who is registered for Summer 2022, who choose to withdraw as a result of this policy can request a refund as per our cancellation policy (see below) by May 1, 2022. This vaccination policy is one part of Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da’s overall COVID-19 operating guidelines. Full protocols for the summer will be published before May 1, 2022, in time for the camp and families to make necessary arrangements.
Our camp is monitoring guidance from all applicable public health authorities and reserves the right to revise this policy as determined to be necessary or appropriate. It is recommended that campers and their parents/guardians consult with their pediatrician or healthcare provider regarding COVID-19 vaccinations.
For any questions, please contact the camp office at (905) 648-9382 or email@example.com.
- Many of the current questions related to child vaccinations are answered here
- AboutKidsHealth is a health education website for youth and their caregivers
- Book a vaccine appointment in Ontario
- Download your proof of vaccination in Ontario
- Canada-wide vaccine information, including vaccine safety and authorized vaccines
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
At Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da, our campers, families and staff are our most important priority. Given the state of the ongoing pandemic we understand that families may be feeling uncertain of summer plans. As with last summer, we want to be empathetic regarding this and therefore are maintaining the same cancellation policy we created for Summer 2020 and 2021. Below we outline the options so that you may feel secure and informed with whatever decision you make moving forward with your child’s Summer 2022 registration.
If camp remains open for Summer 2022 then everything continues as planned. Fees are due by May 1, 2022 subject to our standard cancellation policy. Note: for Women’s Wellness Weekend, the payment deadline is July 1, 2022.
Standard Cancellation Policy
Submitted deposits are applied towards your camp fee total. The registration spot is not secured until this deposit is received and confirmed. If cancellation occurs for any reason before May 1, 2022:
- Session 1-8: $250 of deposit is refundable
- Stepping Stones: $50 of deposit is refundable
- Women’s Wellness Weekend: $50 of deposit is refundable (if cancellation occurs before July 1, 2022)
If cancellation occurs after May 1, 2022 – unless for extenuating circumstances – all but your deposit is refundable.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
If the ongoing pandemic sees us closed, your child is unable to attend camp because they have COVID-19 or your child is unable to attend camp due to out of province travel restrictions, then we are offering our registered families two options:
- You may forward any payments made to date towards a Summer 2023 registration.
- You can choose to receive a full refund of all payments made to date.
If you have any questions about this summer’s cancellation policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.